19 Şubat 2013 Salı

VOCALOID

One or two years ago, when I was browsing through videos in Youtube I came across a music video. It was a 3D animation with anime style, since I liked anime  I decided to give it a try. At first I found the singing  voice odd, and I thought that there was some sound modification etc.(Although I'm not very knowledgable about these things) Then I found out that the singing voice is produced from the stractch by a software called VOCALOID. By the way here' s the video I saw:


So, Vocaloid is a singing voice synthesizer that was released in 2004. It enables users to synthesize singing by typing in lyrics and melody.


It basically uses synthesizing technology with specially recorded vocals of voice actors or singers; and has the ability to change the stress of the pronounciations , add specific effects, or change the dynamics and tone of the voice.

There are several type of Vocaloids as shown in the picture below. Each of them have their unique voice and character design, and they are sold as "a singer in a box" designed to act as a replacement for an actual singer.


Vocaloid was first released and only available as an English version, but in Japan it's popular and widely used that one assumes that it was first released in Japan. They are so popular that, especially in Far East, some of them has their own concerts. A video about the concert:


I think there is nothing wrong with loving these type of music, as it's a matter of taste. Some people wouldn't be able to even stand it. I would prefer real human singing too but I can't say that I don't like what is produced with Vocaloid. And as the technology improves the voices become more organic, and more developed.
As a final word, I shared this here because I thought that it's relevant to our course- although I can't say I'm  sure.But since the computer technology and art are hand to hand in this project it should be shareable here.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder